· Volero Zurich and Mirador will meet for the first time in the competition.
· Volero will play their first Club World Championship tie against a team representing the North, Central America and Caribbean Volleyball Confederation (NORCECA).
· Mirador are chasing their first win over European opposition in the Club World Championship having lost the previous five, to Italian side Bergamo (twice in 2010), Turkish sides Fenerbahce (2010) and VakifBank (2011) and Azerbaijani side Rabita Baku (2011).
· Mirador have won only one set in these five matches against European opposition, 1-3 against Bergamo in the 2010 third place play-off.
· Hosts Volero Zürich will be participating in the Club World Championship for the third time after 2013 and 2014.
· Volero have yet to win a medal in the competition after finishing in fourth place in both of their previous participations.
· They could become the second host to win the Club World Championship after Sadia Esporte Club won the first ever edition (1991) in Sao Paulo.
· Volero have won four matches and lost four matches so far in the competition and are looking for a positive balance.
· Mirador will also be participating for the third time in the Club World Championship after fourth places in both 2010 and 2011.
· Mirador are aiming to become the first team from NORCECA to win a medal in the competition.
· They have won only two of their eight matches so far at the Club World Championship. Both wins came against Kenya Prisons (2010 and 2011).